As of January 1st 2017 the City of Milwaukee Health Department has updated the Food inspection reports and now comply with the FDA Categories of Importance which are:
Priority Items, Priority Foundation Items, and Core Items
Requirements contained in the Food Code are identified as being in one of 3 categories of importance:
(1) “Priority item” means a provision in this Code whose application contributes directly to the elimination, prevention, or reduction to an acceptable level, HAZARDS associated with foodborne illness or injury and there is no other provision that more directly controls the HAZARD.
(2) “Priority item” includes items with a quantifiable measure to show control of HAZARDS such as cooking, reheating, cooling, handwashing;
Priority foundation Item.
(1) “Priority foundation item” means a provision in this Code whose application supports, facilitates, or enables one or more PRIORITY ITEMS.
(2) “Priority foundation item” includes an item that requires the purposeful incorporation of specific actions, EQUIPMENT or procedures by industry management to attain control of RISK FACTORS that contribute to foodborne illness or injury such as personnel training, infrastructure or necessary EQUIPMENT, HACCP PLANS, documentation or record keeping, and labeling; and
(3) “Priority foundation item” is an item that is denoted in this Code with a superscript Pf−Pf.
(1) “Core item” means a provision in this Code that is not designated as a PRIORITY ITEM or a PRIORITY FOUNDATION ITEM.
(2) “Core item” includes an item that usually relates to general sanitation, operational controls, sanitation standard operating procedures (SSOPs), facilities or structures, EQUIPMENT design, or general maintenance.
|The City of Milwaukee Health Department in its capacity as an employer and service provider does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, gender, national origin, arrest or conviction record, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, political belief or affiliation, or military participation. Persons needing disability assistance information, language assistance information, language assistance, or interpreter service please call 414-286-3524 or (TTY) 414-286-2025. Discrimination claims may be filed with the Department’s Equal Opportunity Coordinator by calling 414-286-2539.|